Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Saturday Morning, May 13th, 1978

In an attempt to keep somewhat with the original intent of this blog, I present my tv lineup for the morning of May 13th, 1978. I was 10 years old:

6:45 a.m. Channel 5 Ag USA. C'mon, c'mon, C'MON!!! Be over!

7:00 a.m. Channel 5 Hong Kong Phooey (faster than the human eye!) My other option was Superfriends, but I didn't get into the DC cartoons until Challenge of the Superfriends a couple years later.

7:30 Channel 4 Speed Buggy (a rooma zoom zoom!)

8:00 Channel 2 Scooby's Laff-a-Lympics. This show was 2 hours long! I'm sure I flipped over to Bugs Bunny/Road Runner on Channel 2 more than a few times. After all, how much of the Hanna Barbara characters can you take in one sitting?

10:00 Toss up between the Krofft Supershow on Channel 2 and Baggy Pants and the Nit Wits on Channel 5. Baggy Pants was probably a horrible show in retrospect. A cat (Baggy Pants) modeled after Charlie Chaplin.

10:30 Channel 4 Secrets of Isis. Live action show.

11:00 Either Fat Albert on Channel 4 or repeats of Land of the Lost on Channel 5.

11:30 looked to be dead time. Not sure what I would have done.

12:00 Mr. Magoo on Channel 4 or Corky's Colorama on channel 5. Corky, a clown who in reality was local weatherman Clif St. James, hosted a children's show featuring cartoons and puppets. Here's a little information on local St. Louis children's shows of the 70's: http://www.tvparty.com/lostst.html

Saturday afternoon often meant Abbott & Costello, Ma and Pa Kettle, Tarzan (Johhny Weissmuller of course), Elvis movies, Beach Party movies, classic horror movies like Bela Lugosi's Dracula and Lon Chaney Jr's Wolfman, etc.

I don't think I saw the sun on Saturdays.

No comments: